The Executive Director is responsible for providing
overall leadership in the day-to-day operation of a senior living
community. This person is charged with maintaining staff and resident
and family engagement in addition to budget adherence and regulatory
First awarded in 2012, the ALFA Senior Living Community Leadership Award will honor one executive director of a senior living community who is an ideal representative and role model for the thousands of executives leading senior living communities. Additionally, senior living will recognize a core group of executive directors as part of the Circle of Leadership.
Community Leadership Award Background
The following questions are used to help prepare nominations:
- List the top three values the nominee possess and exemplifies each day. Give examples.
- Give specific examples how the nominee fosters a cohesive and positive community of residents, their families and staff.
- Give examples how the nominee encourages employee engagement and staff satisfaction.
- Give examples how the nominee encourages resident and family satisfaction.
- Describe an idea, process or program that the nominee implemented that increased revenue.
- Describe an idea, process or program that the nominee implemented that improved expense management.
- Give an example of how the nominee is an executive role model outside the senior living community (e.g. volunteerism, state affiliate Board member etc).
- Any additional thoughts or testimonials about the nominee? If testimonials, please also provide contact information so we may follow-up as needed.
All nominations are due by COB January 11, 2013 through ALFA's online nominations system. All companies submitting award nominations must be ALFA members in order to move on to being assessed. Every submission will be judged and ranked against the following criteria:
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being best), rate the uniqueness of the submission.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best), rate the executive qualities of the nomination.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best), rate the strength of the candidates relationship with residents/families.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best), rate the strength of the candidate’s leadership of staff and resources at the community.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best), rate the strength of the nominee’s embrace of the ALFA core principles of choice, independence, dignity and quality of life.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best), rate the candidate’s business acumen as communicated in the nomination.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best), rate your overall perception of the candidate as a role model to current and future executive directors.
The winning nomination for the Senior Living Community Leadership Award will be announced at COMMUNITY 2013, the Annual Conference and Expo; May 7-9, 2013. More information about the conference is available at alfa.org/conference.
Selected Executive Director will travel to the ALFA Conference and Expo. Full conference registration, air travel and one hotel night included.