The period for nominations has closed for 2016.
The 2016 Senior Living by Design Award winners will be published in the November/December issue of Senior Living Executive.
Be sure to subscribe to receive Senior Living Executive, Argentum's complimentary bi-monthly magazine. Sign up at argentum.org/subscribe so you can read about the latest design trends impacting senior living!
Seek recognition for your innovations
Through Argentum’s 5th Annual Senior Living by Design Awards, senior living architects and communities are sharing their success stories that demonstrate innovation in providing residents wellness services, access to community, and safety in an environment that allows them to engage while they age.
Nominations are open to members and nonmembers of Argentum.
- Accommodate needs through amenities like pet parks, banks, performance theaters, chapels, gift shops, and gardens
- Engage residents through cooking demonstration kitchens and provide opportunity for participation in food preparation
- Captivate through sight, sound, and touch stimuli
Engaging Common Spaces
- Redefine space allowing for private suites that surround one great room, eliminating hallways
- Appeal to multiple generations and visitors
- Connect neighbors in the broader community
- Connect families with youth through private patios near public spaces such as playgrounds
Allow easy access to people with and without disabilities
- Emphasize openings vs. door
- Utilize sustainable building materials