As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
Business Planning, cheatsheet, Choice, Marketing Strategy, Senior Living Options, Strategy
Northstar Senior Living is the latest senior living provider to create a new residence welcoming to members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgen...
cheatsheet, Memory Care Best Practices and Research, Memory Care Education, Partnerships, Property Management, Reports
Residents, staff and family help make a senior living community the special place it is, but the design of a building inside and out can be just as im...
Brand Strategy, cheatsheet, Clinical Quality and Quality Care Delivery, Competitive Positioning, Consumer Intelligence, Senior Living Options, Strategy
Assisted living plays a crucial role in the lifecycle of many seniors, providing housing and care at a unique stage of life – but it is only one stage...
Active & Engaged Seniors, cheatsheet, Resident Engagement, Senior Living Options, Value-Added Amenities and Services
Senior living communities have gone way beyond bingo and bocce ball to create engaging, robust activities embracing the talents and interests of their...
Business Planning, cheatsheet, Property Management
The biennial National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP), an initiative to monitor trends in the major sectors of paid, regulated long-term ca...