As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
Business Planning, CEO, cheatsheet, Furnishings, Green Living, Physical Plant, Property Management, Space Planning and Design
The deadline to submit to the 2015 Senior Living by Design Awards competition is July 31. ALFA created the awards program to recognize innovative d...
cheatsheet, Family Relations, Health and Wellness, Memory Care Best Practices and Research, Memory Care Education, Partnerships
ALFA is partnering with US Against Alzheimer’s to support Dementia Friendly America, a new national initiative to build a more dementia-friendly natio...
ALFA Conference & Expo, ALFA Events, Business Planning, CEO, cheatsheet, Clinical Quality and Quality Care Delivery, Dining, Engage, Executive Talent Management, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing Strategy, Partnerships, Property Management, Risk Management, Sales Process, Staffing, Staffing & Performance, Strategy
ALFA convenes Executive Roundtables several times a year, which are made up of industry peers from different companies working in the same field. Thes...
CEO, cheatsheet, Physical Plant, Property Management, Utilities
Senior living communities search regularly for ways to cut costs in some areas and to boost resources in others in their mission to provide the best c...
Advocacy, ALFA's Public Policy Positions, ALFAPAC, CEO, cheatsheet, Engage, Membership, Policy in the States, Regulations
ALFA executive report “ALFA Advocates for You” is now available for members, showcasing the many ways ALFA engages on the state and federal levels to ...