As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
CEO, cheatsheet, Green Living, Partnerships, Property Management, Strategy, Utilities
Senior living communities just like all of us have to be smart shoppers. They purchase the obvious supplies that are seen and touched daily such as fo...
cheatsheet, End of Life, Facts and Figures, Health and Wellness, Memory Care Best Practices and Research, Memory Care Education, Reports
Alzheimer’s disease is nearly as lethal as the two biggest killers in the United States, according to a new study. Approximately 500,000 people died i...
Business Planning, cheatsheet, Engage, Risk Management, Senior Living Leadership Forum, Strategy
ALFA hosted 150 executives committed to advancing excellence in senior living at the ALFA 2013 Senior Living Leadership Forum last October in Las Vega...
Experts and a Comedian Implore Sympathetic Senators to Keep Finances Flowing for Alzheimer’s Research
cheatsheet, Health and Wellness, Health Care, Hearings, Memory Care Best Practices and Research, Memory Care Education
Alzheimer’s disease can affect people at any income level said Appropriations Chairwoman Barbara Mikulski at a subcommittee hearing on the rising cost...
Ageism, cheatsheet, Consumer Intelligence, Facts and Figures, Growth Strategies, Human Resources, Reports, Staffing
The United States is ill prepared to meet current and future workforce needs for its aging adult population, according to the Eldercare Workforce Alli...