As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
Active & Engaged Seniors, cheatsheet, Family Relations, Memory Care Best Practices and Research, Memory Care Education
Alzheimer’s is a transformative, thieving disease, robbing its targets of precious memories and much more and affecting women twice as often as men. T...
cheatsheet, Engage, Health and Wellness, Managed Risk
News and information about the recent Ebola virus disease outbreak in the United States is constantly changing. Here’s a roundup of helpful websites a...
cheatsheet, End of Life, Facts and Figures, Health and Wellness, Reports
The National Center for Health Statistics has released its latest data for mortality in the United States in 2012, revealing that life expectancy has ...
Best of the Best Awards, cheatsheet, HR Systems & Processes, Human Resources, Partnerships
Brookdale got back to the basics with the help of PeopleSoft software. It created a basic hiring template that ALFA recognized as a Program to Spotlig...
cheatsheet, Clinical Quality and Quality Care Delivery, Federal Agency Activity, Health and Wellness, Managed Risk
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued infection prevention and control recommendations for hospitalized patients with known or sus...