As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
cheatsheet, Facts and Figures, Health Care, Research
Mental disorders now tops the list of the most costly conditions in the United States at $201 billion annually, according to a new study published in ...
cheatsheet, Community Awareness and Education, Health and Wellness, Health Care, Memory Care Education
US Against Alzheimerís is urging advocates of finding a cure for Alzheimerís disease to tell the U.S. Postal Service that itís time to stamp out the a...
Accessiblity Issues, cheatsheet, Community Awareness and Education, Core Principles, Health and Wellness, Life Safety, Research
Hurricane season is here. After a disaster, itís common for families and individuals to feel stress and anxiety over their health and safety and this ...
cheatsheet, Community Awareness and Education, Core Principles, Elder Abuse, Federal Agency Activity, Resident and Family Services
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is doing its part to celebrate Older Americans Month by collaborating with Meals on Wheels to offer a placema...
CEO, cheatsheet, Continuing Education, Executive Talent Management, Executive Team Development, Organization Development, Organizational Culture, Staffing
Argentum continues to encourage senior living leaders to seek credentialing through the Senior Living Certification Commission (SLCC), an independent,...