As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
CEO, cheatsheet, Physical Plant, Property Management, Utilities
Senior living communities search regularly for ways to cut costs in some areas and to boost resources in others in their mission to provide the best c...
Advocacy, ALFA's Public Policy Positions, ALFAPAC, CEO, cheatsheet, Engage, Membership, Policy in the States, Regulations
ALFA executive report “ALFA Advocates for You” is now available for members, showcasing the many ways ALFA engages on the state and federal levels to ...
CEO, cheatsheet, Continuing Education, Executive Team Development, Human Resources, Organization Development, Professional Development, Property Management
ALFA, through the soon-to-be launched Senior Living Certification Commission (SLCC), will be developing a certification program for assisted living ex...
ALFA Conference & Expo, Business, Career Resources, cheatsheet, Clinical Quality and Quality Care Delivery, Engage, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Professional Development
The ALFA 2015 Senior Living Executive Conference & Expo offered 2,700 participants unique insight on the future of the industry and unparalleled acces...
Business Planning, Career Resources, CEO, cheatsheet, Facts and Figures, Growth Strategies, Human Resources, Job Seekers, Professional Development, Recruiters, Reports, Staffing & Performance
There is a great demand for workers to provide long-term care to older adults in the United States between now and 2030, according to new reports, and...