As you begin the new year, make sure you don’t miss the biggest senior living stories of 2013. Last year’s most widely read topics include public policy updates on laws and regulations affecting senior living providers, the current state of the senior living industry and what to look for in the future, societal perceptions of residents, research into senior health topics, and more.
1. Largest Senior Living Providers for 2013
2. Massive Caregiver Shortage Expected in Coming Decades
3. Florida Discusses New Assisted Living Category for Seniors
4. The Road Ahead – What’s Next for the Senior Living Business?
5. Evolution of Assisted Living Marked by Great Recession’s Impact
6. That’s Not Me! Prospects’ Perceptions of Current Residents
7. Memory Care Takes Proactive Approach to Manage Aggressive Behavior
8. As Resident Demographic Shifts, Assisted Living Adapts to Change
9. States Continue to Improve Assisted Living Laws and Regulations
10. Reduced State Licensing Staff Prompts Providers to Explore Alternatives
ALFA Events, Business Planning, CEO, cheatsheet, Clinical Quality and Quality Care Delivery, Engage, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Membership, Professional Development, Senior Living Leadership Forum
Join fellow members of ALFA’s Executive Roundtables and President’s Council at the annual Senior Living Executive Forum, Oct. 21-22 at the Omni Rancho...
cheatsheet, Partnerships, Resident and Family Services, Social Media
Alzheimer’s disease is a national crisis: Every 67 seconds, someone in the United States is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. There’s no cure – Alzh...
Business Planning, cheatsheet, Disabilities, Memory Care Best Practices and Research, Senior Living Options, Value-Added Amenities and Services
Senior living providers are discovering that when it comes to serving residents with cognitive impairments, senior housing needs to do the things it a...
Career Resources, CEO, cheatsheet, Executive Talent Management, Growth Strategies, Human Resources, Job Seekers, Recruiters, Staffing, Staffing & Performance
The population of older Americans is surging and that means so is the demand for people to care for them, including many positions available throughou...
Business Planning, CEO, cheatsheet, Furnishings, Green Living, Physical Plant, Property Management, Space Planning and Design
The deadline to submit to the 2015 Senior Living by Design Awards competition is July 31. ALFA created the awards program to recognize innovative d...